BOMA has once again celebrated excellence in the Canadian commercial real estate industry, handing out its annual national awards at the BOMEX gala in Toronto on Sept. 28.
The BOMA Canada National Awards Program features three levels, with local award winners qualifying for the national competition. Winners of the Canadian TOBY and Earth awards can now move into the international competition.
BOMA also unveiled a new category of awards at the event, the BOMA Canada Net Zero Awards. This category will recognize future contributors and buildings which push existing boundaries as the industry moves toward net-zero emissions goals.
TOBY awards winners
(The Outstanding Building of the Year, recognizing quality in commercial real estate buildings and rewarding excellence in building management):
* Corporate Facility: Head office La Capitale Financial Group, 625 Jacques Parizeau St., Quebec City;
* Government Building: John E. Brownlee Building, 10365 – 97 Street, Edmonton, Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions;
* Historical Building: Edifice Sun Life Building, 1155 Metcalfe St., Montreal, Bentall Kennedy Canada LP;
* Mixed Use Building: Barrington Place, 1903 Barrington Street, Halifax, Crombie REIT;
* Public Assembly Building: Aeroports de Montreal, 975 Romeo Vachon Nord, Montreal;
* Retail Building: Cloverdale Mall, 25 The East Mall, Etobicoke, Bentall Kennedy Canada LP;
* Office Under 100,000 square feet: 165 Commerce Valley Drive West, Markham, Ont, Northam Realty Advisors Ltd.
* Office 250,000 to 499,999 square feet: Mississauga Executive Centre 1, 1 Robert Speck Parkway, Mississauga;
* Office, 500,000 to 1 million square feet: Bentall 5, 550 Burrard St., Vancouver, Bentall Kennedy Canada LP.
Earth award winners
(Recognizing excellence in resource preservation and environmentally sound commercial building management):
* Health Care Facility: CHUM Notre-Dame Hospital, Montreal;
* Light Industrial: Nestle Building, 9050 Airport Road, Brampton, Ont., Oxford Properties Group;
* Office Building: RBC WaterPark Place, 88 Queens Quay West, Toronto, Oxford Properties Group;.
* Retail Building: Montreal Trust Place, 1500 McGill College Avenue, Montreal, Ivanhoe Cambridge.
Pinnacle awards winners
(Recognizing role model companies that not only achieve standards of excellent, but also display innovation, teamwork, outstanding customer service and commitment to clients):
Chair’s award winners
The Chair’s award for individuals who make valuable and long-lasting contributions to BOMA and support the organization in a meaningful way was presented to the BOMA Canada staff.