Jamie Bunston, vice-president of Industrial with ONE Properties, joins host Chad Griffiths to discuss current trends and what might be in store for 2023 in the sector.
ONE has developed over 48 million square feet since 1987 and currently has nearly 17 million square feet under management. The discussion touches on:
- 1:01 - background on ONE Properties;
- 3:34 - how Bunston got into industrial real estate;
- 7:31 - what makes a good industrial property?
- 15:28 - the electrification effect on industrial;
- 20:44 - what's driving sustainability initiatives?
- 25:52 - optimal loading door to square footage ratio;
- 33:28 - column spacing;
- 35:01 - outlook for 2023;
- 42:08 - any concerns in the market right now?
- 45:00 - the evolution of industrial real estate; and
- 50:50 - getting in touch with Bunston.
As vice-president of industrial for the Greater Toronto Area, Bunston oversees the management and strategic direction of five million square feet, plus an ever-growing development pipeline.
He leads all acquisition, leasing and development activity for a diverse portfolio of assets and opportunities for ONE’s partners and clients.
Prior to joining ONE, Bunston was involved in the development, leasing and sale of over 3.2 million square feet of commercial real estate across Canada with roles at several Canadian REITs and private development entities.
He has a bachelor of commerce degree from Dalhousie University.