Derek Hsiang, also known as The Proptech Scout, joins host Chad Griffiths to discuss property technology / commercial real estate technology and how brokers and owners can utilize tech in their business.
Here's what they chatted about:
- 0:25 – What is proptech?;
- 1:42 – Proptech that should be on your radar;
- 8:52 – How do you filter out all the noise?;
- 13:12 – Proptech risk;
- 17:52 – Is proptech necessary?;
- 24:20 – Proptech for industrial real estate;
- 30:44 – A/R & V/R;
- 41:02 – Derek’s long-term predictions.
Hsiang has spent most of his career involved in the worlds of tech and/or real estate.
During the first half of his professional life, he graduated with an engineering degree and bootstrapped an e-commerce site. He then freelanced as a management consultant on the side to fund the business.
After exiting, he became a proptech-forward real estate developer and property owner.
Derek has worked on over $100 million of real estate deals and owns stakes in several New York City multifamily buildings.